M. M. ALAM
KARACHI: Commenting on the nabbing of two Chinese men who were purportedly planting a skimming device on an ATM in Saddar’s Zainab Market area, Director FIA Sindh Zone, Dr. Amir Ahmed Shaikh held that integrity of an entire nation could not be gauged by the act of a couple of its citizens!
Answering to a query apropos grant of visas to Chinese Jails’ inmates who are employed on various CPEC projects here, he said that one could not say anything against anybody until he (or she) has committed a crime.
Dr. Amir Ahmed Shaikh went on to say that such acts of some individuals could not affect projects (like CPEC) going on Govt. to Govt. basis.
According to details two Chinese men, identified as Zhang Qiaocheng and Zhong Showen, were arrested here Wednesday (10th of January) when they were in the process of stealing data of a bank’s customers at its Zainab Market’s ATM located on main Abdullah Haroon Road.
Personnel, monitoring the real-time surveillance feed, got suspicious when they noticed the accused acting in a strange way and informed the bank staff.
Later LEA personnel recovered a skimming device from the two accused who came to Pakistan on 2nd of January on business visas. Suspects, who are presently in the custody of FIA cybercrime cell, have visited the very ATM three days ago.
Further commenting on the crime, Dr. Amir Shaikh informed that in a recent meeting with SBP and Commercial Banks, FIA had asked them to be more alert vis-à-vis ATM skimming. Dr. Shaikh also acknowledged the support of Chinese diplomatic post here apropos nabbing the culprits.
Millions of Rupees have been stolen from hundreds of customers through ATM skimming by organized foreign mafia. Their footprints trace back to a number of countries including Indonesia and China.
It is pertinent to mention here that in the month of June, 2016 FIA had arrested a Chinese national who attempted to steal data from a private bank’s Plaza Square branch here.
Kasur’s Serial-Killing-Pedophile still at large: Relatives of eight (raped and murdered) girls appear before SC!
LAHORE: Parents and relatives of those eight girls who had been raped and murdered in Kasur since 2015 appeared before the SC bench at the registry here today asking for justice.
On request from the investigation agencies, the CJP has given them 72 hours to nab the culprit. The three-member bench headed by CJP is hearing a suo motu case of the rape & murder of Zainab, whose body was found from a garbage heap in Kasur on ninth day of this month. Court took notice the very next day.
The bench – that has again been told that eight girls had so far been raped and murdered in Kasur by one single pedophile serial killer (as per DNA reports) – reiterated that if the Police had taken action back in 2015 (when the first murder was reported) lives of other seven kids could have been saved.
The court asked what the police was doing while so many incidents were taking place repeatedly within the remit to two police stations?
Court, unsatisfied by the ongoing investigation, has asked why the SHO not removed despite repeated incidents and complaints from citizens.
Cynics go haywire wondering:
i) How could the nation expect any professional action from policemen who themselves had bought the job under the very noses of those who lament inaction? (Reportedly one can buy a constable’s job for half a million rupees, become ASI paying three and a half million and so on and so forth);
II) The Police Stations are sold; Extra-Judicial Killings are rampant; Policemen drawing meagre salaries live in palatial houses’
iii) The very moment a person enters a court (no matter which) he/she pays his way right from the lowest clerk to the highest authority to get his file move. How could court that has failed to weed-out corruption from the very institution it operates in expect imandaree from Police or other institutions?
When the court was told that tissues was acquired of 800 possible suspects for DNA tests, Police has been asked to use its conventional methods to nab the culprits instead of acquiring tissues of 21 million Pakistanis for DNA tests.
RELEVANT PIECES PUBLISHED EARLIER
Kabul hotel cleared, 3 Taliban killed: Pakistan condemns attack!
ISLAMABAD: Fallowing killing of three Taliban attackers, LEA’s have declared Intercontinental Hotel Kabul cleared.
Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs while condemning the attack held: “Pakistan strongly condemns the brutal terrorist attack at the Inter-Continental Hotel in Kabul last evening. We express deep grief and sorrow at the loss of precious human lives and the injuring of many others in this terrorists act.
“The Government and the people of Pakistan convey solidarity and support with the Government and people of Afghanistan at this dastardly terrorist attack. We convey our deepest sympathies for those who have lost their loved ones and our sincere prayers and wishes are of early recovery of those who have sustained injuries in this heinous terror attack.
“We reiterate our strong condemnation of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. In our view, cooperation among the states is important for effectively combating and eliminating the scourge of terrorism”.
Pakistan condemns the terrrorist attack at the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul pic.twitter.com/rQk4VtLROM
— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) January 21, 2018
Meanwhile, TOLO news has taken to twitter to comment on the state of affairs:
— TOLOnews (@TOLOnews) January 21, 2018
RELEVANT PIECE PUBLISHED EARLIER
KABUL: Eight Taliban militants kill five guests at Intercontinental Hotel!
KABUL: Flames could be seen coming out of the 4th floor of Intercontinental Hotel here as an attack is being carried out by four gunmen and four suicide bombers presently.
According to a source in the National Directorate of Security the fourth floor had been set on fire by the attackers.
Till filing of this piece five people were confirmed dead and eight injured. Afghan LEAs had claimed to have rescued about a hundred hostages.
Sources privy to Newspakistan.tv have informed that the siege still continues.
It is pertinent to mention here that in its 18th January, 2018 tweet US State Department had issued a security alert stating that extremist groups might be planning an attack against hotels in Kabul:
Security Alert for #Kabul, #Afghanistan: reports that extremist groups may be planning an attack against hotels in Kabul, such as the Hotel Baron near Hamid Karzai Int'l Airport. Review suggested actions in attached image. For more information, visit: https://t.co/vxivPWIHOP pic.twitter.com/CrCIpXbC2e
— Travel – State Dept (@TravelGov) January 18, 2018
Readers may recall that seven Taliban militants stormed the very hotel in the month of June, 2011 killing ten of its occupants. All the attackers were also gunned down (File Photo).