M. M. ALAM
DAMASCUS: Deafening explosions were reported here following Trump’s speech in which the President of USA stated that he had ordered air strikes in response to the chemical attack on Douma.
However, Syrian government (that has been backed by Russia in the seven-year-long Syrian war) claims that were forewarned by Russia about the attack. According to Syrian officials ten out of thirty missiles that were fired in the attack had been shot down.
In order to show the world that state of affairs are normal there Syrian state TV has been broadcasting footages of Damascus since morning in which traffic is plying on the road and people are seen busy with their daily life.
SYRIAN ARAB ARMY TWEETS:
Syrian President Bashar Hafez al-Assad queried: “If they said that we launched the sarin attack from that airbase, what happened to the sarin when they attacked the depots?”
Russia and Syria deny the alleged chemical attack against the rebel-held Damascus suburb of Douma and question whether the use of chemical weapons against a defeated enemy makes any sense.
TRUMP ADDRESSES THE NATION:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 14, 2018
French President Emmanuel Macron tweets about ordering the French armed forces to intervene!
BRITISH PRIME MINISTER:
Balochistan Turmoil: Five militants killed, 29 facilitators arrested in Dera Bugti operation!
QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti has informed today that five militants of an outlawed organization were killed and 29 suspected facilitators arrested in an operation by Frontier Corps (FC) in hilly areas of Bamboo Top in Dera Bugti district.
Addressing a press conference along with Commissioner Dera Bugti Javed Nabi Khosa and senior FC officers here, he said the personnel of FC had cleared Bamboo Top of the terrorists after a successful operation, in which huge quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered.
Due to the efforts of FC, the back of terrorists in Dera Bugti and surrounding areas had been broken and with the cooperation of people, the rest of the militants would also be eliminated, he added.
On the occasion, more than 20 rebels also surrendered to the security forces, who were handed over the national flag by the home minister.
Bugti offered the self-exiled Baloch persons living abroad to join the national mainstream as they would be welcomed, otherwise they would be eliminated.
He said the provincial government in collaboration with the law enforcement agencies had under a strategy forced the miscreants to flee from urban areas to hills and now under the peaceful Balochistan package, they were being included in the national mainstream.
Man incarcerated for a quarter century for assaulting a minor girl!
JHANG: An additional sessions judge here today has awarded 25 years imprisonment and imposed fine of Rs one million in a minor girl assault case, registered by Saddar police station.
The police had booked one Mujahid Abbas of Kot Khaira on thecharge of assaulting a 7-year-old girl, Gulshan Bibi, two years ago, and submitted the challan in the court of law.
After observing evidence and listening to witnesses, Additional Sessions Judge Naeem Ahmed Sheikh awarded him 25 years jail term.
Rao Anwar Case: ATC sends former SSP on judicial remand till 2nd of May!
KARACHI: Former SSP Rao Anwar, allegedly involved in extra-judicial killings – including of Naqeebullah Mehsud – has been sent to jail on judicial remand till 2nd day of May.
Rao Anwar, who was brought to ATC in an APC, appeared quite composed despite facing noose if proven guilty. IO of the case had requested the court to send Anwar on judicial remand facilitating him to prepare and submit final challan of the case.
He maintained that the challan was to be registered as per the new JIT recommendation that has been formed to investigate the case.
While Rao and another accused Shakeel had been sent to jail till 2nd of April, the judicial remand of other suspects was extended until an unfixed date.
Rao Anwar, eleven of his incarcerated and fourteen bolted subordinates are accused of kidnapping Naqeebullah Mehsud for ransom, murdering him and other three detainees in an orchestrated ‘encounter’. The staged killing was termed as an encounter against ‘militants’ by policemen.
The gang has also been booked in a case for planting hand-grenades and pistols on the four victims after murdering them. Citing the planted arms and explosives a fabricated case was also registered by Rao Anwar & gang against the deceased.
RELEVANT STORIES PUBLISHED EARLIER: