Connect with us

Crime

Modi promises justice in the gang-rape and murder case of 8-year-old Muslim Girl

Published

on

NEW DEHLI: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday promised justice after nationwide outrage mounted over the brutal gang rape and murder of an eight-year-old-girl.

Demonstrations were held here and other cities as horrific details emerged of the murder of the Muslim girl, who was repeatedly raped while being held for five days in the city of Kathua in Jammu, including at a Hindu temple.

“The incidents being discussed for the last two days are definitely shameful for any civil society. We are all ashamed as a society and a country,” Modi said in a speech here. 

“I want to assure the country that no criminal will be spared, justice will be done and completed.” Earlier, the country’s women’s minister called for the death penalty for child rapists in a video message posted online.

“I have been deeply, deeply disturbed by the rape case in Kathua and all the recent rape cases that have happened on children,” Maneka Gandhi, the women and children’s minister, said on Twitter. Gandhi said her ministry would seek an amendment to India’s Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, “asking for the death penalty for rape on children below 12 years”.

Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Baluchistan

Balochistan Turmoil: Five militants killed, 29 facilitators arrested in Dera Bugti operation!

Published

on

By

News Desk

QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti has informed today that five militants of an outlawed organization were killed and 29 suspected facilitators arrested in an operation by Frontier Corps (FC) in hilly areas of Bamboo Top in Dera Bugti district.

Addressing a press conference along with Commissioner Dera Bugti Javed Nabi Khosa and senior FC officers here, he said the personnel of FC had cleared Bamboo Top of the terrorists after a successful operation, in which huge quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered.

Due to the efforts of FC, the back of terrorists in Dera Bugti and surrounding areas had been broken and with the cooperation of people, the rest of the militants would also be eliminated, he added.

On the occasion, more than 20 rebels also surrendered to the security forces, who were handed over the national flag by the home minister.

Bugti offered the self-exiled Baloch persons living abroad to join the national mainstream as they would be welcomed, otherwise they would be eliminated.

He said the provincial government in collaboration with the law enforcement agencies had under a strategy forced the miscreants to flee from urban areas to hills and now under the peaceful Balochistan package, they were being included in the national mainstream.

Comments
Continue Reading

Crime

Man incarcerated for a quarter century for assaulting a minor girl!

Published

on

By

News Desk

JHANG: An additional sessions judge here today has  awarded 25 years imprisonment and imposed fine of Rs one million in a minor girl assault case, registered by Saddar police station.

The police had booked one Mujahid Abbas of Kot Khaira on thecharge of assaulting a 7-year-old girl, Gulshan Bibi, two years ago, and submitted the challan in the court of law.

After observing evidence and listening to witnesses, Additional Sessions Judge Naeem Ahmed Sheikh awarded him  25 years jail term. 

Comments
Continue Reading

Crime

Rao Anwar Case: ATC sends former SSP on judicial remand till 2nd of May!

Published

on

By

News Desk

KARACHI: Former SSP Rao Anwar, allegedly involved in extra-judicial killings – including of Naqeebullah Mehsud – has been sent to jail on judicial remand till 2nd day of May.

Rao Anwar, who was brought to ATC in an APC, appeared quite composed despite facing noose if proven guilty. IO of the case had requested the court to send Anwar on judicial remand facilitating him to prepare and submit final challan of the case. 

He maintained that the challan was to be registered as per the new JIT recommendation that has been formed to investigate the case.

While Rao and another accused Shakeel had been sent to jail till 2nd of April, the judicial remand of other suspects was extended until an unfixed date. 

Rao Anwar, eleven of his incarcerated and fourteen bolted subordinates are accused of kidnapping Naqeebullah Mehsud for ransom, murdering him and other three detainees in an orchestrated ‘encounter’.  The staged killing was termed as an encounter against ‘militants’ by policemen. 

The gang has also been booked in a case for planting hand-grenades and pistols on the four victims after murdering them. Citing the planted arms and explosives a fabricated case was also registered by Rao Anwar & gang against the deceased. 

RELEVANT STORIES PUBLISHED EARLIER:

Tale of Rao Anwar continues: COAS meets Naqeebullah Mehsud family!

Rao Anwar case: Naqeebullah Mehsud’s friend shot dead!

Masked Rao Anwar – alleged extra-judicial killer – arrested as he appears at Supreme Court !

Rao Anwar – accused of extra-judicial killings – still has a chance to surrender himself: SC

Rao Anwar – accused of extra-judicial killings – still has a chance to surrender himself: SC

SC asks IG to arrest Rao Anwar – cop accused of extrajudicial murders – by Monday!

 

Comments
Continue Reading

News Pakistan Trending