Connect with us

Crime

CJP did not direct to place names of Zardari and Talpur on ECL!

Published

on

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice, Mian Saqib Nisar on Thursday said that court neither summoned Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur in personal capacity nor ordered for their names to be placed on the Exit Control List (ECL).

A two-member bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, resumed hearing of a suo moto case pertaining to money laundering of Rs35 billion through fake bank accounts. The top court also directed Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to hold its probe against Asif Zardari and his sister till upcoming general election in the case. During the course of proceedings, the chief justice remarked that the summon was issued to the company directors, which was respondent in the case and not in personal capacity of any politician.

However, while barring the FIA from investigation against the politicians directed them to continue the probe against non-political persons involved in the case. Subsequently, the bench while seeking a reply from all respondents in the money laundering case, including Zardari and Talpur, adjourned further hearing of the case till August 6. Advocate Aitzaz Ahsan, Advocate Farooq H Naek, and Advocate Latif Khosa appeared before the court as legal team of the former president.

Meanwhile, Farooq H Naik raised the objection that his client had reservations regarding Najaf Mirza head of the FIA investigation team and requested the bench to change him. but the court rejected his plea and said the court would deal with the matter after July 25. It may be added that a report compiled by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), Director General of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Bashir Memon had briefed the apex court that SBP had reported the opening of 29 suspicious bank accounts in January this year. 

A relevant piece published earlier: Newspakistan.tv has been informed by reliable sources that contrary to the reports in various sections of Media, the names of Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur have not been placed on ECL. (Published on 10th July 2018) 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Crime

20 people injured in attack on BAP office

Published

on

QUETTA: At least 20 persons were injured when some unknown men threw a hand grenade at Balochistan Awami Party’s (BAP) election office in Dalbandin area of Chaghi district on Sunday evening.
According to police sources, unidentified men riding a motorbike hurled a hand grenade at an election office of BAP which went off, leaving 20 workers of BAP injured on the spot, in Killi Khuda-e-Raheem area.
Police reached the site and shifted the injured to a nearby hospital for medical aid.
Four of the injured were being shifted to Quetta Civil hospital in view of their critical condition. Law enforcement agencies reached the site, cordoned off the entire area and started an investigation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

app

Continue Reading

Asia

Suicide attack at Kabul airport leaves 14 dead, 60 wounded

Published

on

KABUL: A suicide bomber killed at least 14 people and wounded 60 at the entrance to Kabul international airport on Sunday, officials said, as scores gathered to welcome home Afghan Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum from exile.
Senior government officials, political leaders, and supporters were leaving the airport after greeting the powerful ethnic Uzbek leader and former warlord when the explosion happened.
“This is the first time I have seen a suicide attack,” one witness told the Media. “People were collecting human flesh with their hands,” he said, shaking as he spoke. “What is going on in Afghanistan?”
Dostum, clad in a Western suit and sunglasses and traveling in an armored vehicle, was unharmed, said his spokesman Bashir Ahmad Tayanj.
Kabul Police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai said 14 people had been killed and 60 wounded, adding that nine members of the security forces and traffic police were among the dead.
The suicide bomber was on foot, interior ministry spokesman Najib Danish said, adding that civilians, including a child, and security force members were among the casualties.
Dostum, who is linked to a catalog of human rights abuses in Afghanistan, was mobbed like a celebrity as he left the chartered plane from Turkey, where he has lived since May 2017.
His return, which has been the subject of much speculation, comes amid violent protests in several provinces across northern Afghanistan, his traditional power base.
Thousands of Dostum’s supporters have taken to the streets in recent weeks, shuttering election and government offices and blocking sections of highways to demand the release of a pro-government militia leader and call for Dostum’s return.
Expectations of the return did little to quell the unrest, with protesters vowing Sunday to continue demonstrating until the burly leader of the Uzbek ethnic minority tells them otherwise.
“We don’t trust the government. We will continue our protests unless General Dostum tells us to stop,” Ehsanullah Qowanch, a protest leader in Faryab province, told the Media. 
Qowanch also repeated calls for the release of Nezamuddin Qaisari – a district police chief and Dostum’s provincial representative in Faryab – whose arrest earlier this month ignited the protests.
Another protester, Massoud Khan, said: “We have been on the streets for 20 days now. We are not going to stop our protests unless our demands are met.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

app

Continue Reading

Crime

Sherpao condemns suicide blast in DI Khan

Published

on

By

PESHAWAR: Chairman Qaumi Watan Party Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao condemned the suicide blast in Dera Ismail Khan Tuesday which claimed PTI candidate for KP assembly and former provincial minister Ikram Ullah Gandapur and injured five others.
He expressed his deepest sorrows and condolences over the martyrdom of the PTI leader Ikram Ullah Gandapur. He said this while addressing a public meeting in Kanewar Tehsil Tangi District Charsadda in connection of election 2018 campaign Sunday.
QWP chief said that terrorism had played havoc with the lives of the people in KP. He said it was the time that the government should devise a strategy to effectively tackle the menace.
Condemning the sorrowful incident, he said that with the martyrdom people had lost a good political figure in the province. Expressing his heartfelt sympathies with the families of the deceased and wounded people said Sherpao.
He said that maintaining law and order situation and holding free and fair elections are the two key responsibilities of caretaker governments. He lamented that they did not fully act upon their duties to
eradicate the number of serious incidents.
“It is need of the hour that all the political parties and stakeholders should jointly work to take a unified stand against terrorists in order to restore peace to ensure the safety of lives and properties of the
people” he added.
He has expressed his concern over the recent terrorist incidents and said that it was the time that the caretaker government should take effective steps to control the menace of terrorism and ensure the protection of the politicians to provide them a peaceful environment for smooth election campaigns and gave way to holding of transparent elections.
He said that Pakhtuns had rendered numerous sacrifices in the war against terrorism both of lives and material but unfortunately no reward was paid to them for their sacrifices in the center which further increased the sense of growing deprivation among them.
He said that QWP will leave no stone unturned to address the grievances of the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He said that KP needed an honest leadership for its welfare that could steer the province out of the existing problems. Sherpao expressed his grave concern over the unannounced and excessive load shedding in parts of KP. He said in extremely hot weather electricity outrages made the lives of the people miserable.
He expressed his firm conviction that Qaumi Watan Party will fight for the rights of Pakhtuns and will raise voice against the exploitation of the people of his province on every platform. He said that QWP will emerge the only representative of Pakhtuns in the general elections of 2018.

 

 

 

 

 

app

Continue Reading

News Pakistan Trending